Karen Muir LL.B. Registered Collaborative Family Lawyer, Mediator
Karen graduated from the University of Calgary, Faculty of Law, in 1989 and was called to the Alberta Bar in 1990. She has practiced exclusively in the area of family law since then.
Karen is a trained mediator and a registered collaborative family lawyer. She strives to use her skills in the area of alternative dispute resolution to resolve matters involving parenting, child support, spousal support and property distribution. In this way, Karen’s clients have more control over the outcome of matters which are of primary importance to them.
- Canadian Bar Association, Family Section
- Association of Collaborative Professionals (Calgary)
- Association of Women Lawyers
- Past Treasurer of the Association of Women Lawyers
- Past Chair of the Canadian Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Past Chair of the Association of Collaborative Professionals (Calgary)
- Past member of the National Family Law Committee of the Canadian Bar Association
- Conducts fee mediations for the Law Society of Alberta
- Instructor Grace Women’s Health Centre
- Instructor Women and Wellness Conference
- Past instructor Bar Admission Course
Direct Line: (403) 232-0847