Gail J. Swerid, B.M.A, LL.B. Barrister & Solicitor, Mediator, Registered Collaborative Family Lawyer
I have practiced law in Calgary since 1990. I have a long time association with Campbell O’Hara, and practice primarily in the areas of family law, wills and estates, and real estate. I am a mediator, registered collaborative family lawyer and dispute resolution officer for the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta.
- Bachelor of Management Arts from the University of Lethbridge (business degree)
- Juris Doctor from the University of Calgary (previously LL.B.)
- FAMILY LAW
– Prenuptial and Cohabitation Agreements
– Separation Agreements
– Custody and Access
– Child Support
– Spousal Support
– Matrimonial and Common Law Property Division
– Mobility (moving the residence of children to a new jurisdiction)
- WILLS and ESTATES
– Drafting Wills, Personal Directives and Enduring Powers of Attorney
– Probate Applications
- RESIDENTIAL REAL ESTATE
– Purchase and Sale of residential property
– Mortgages and Refinancing
- I prefer to assist clients in organizing their legal affairs in a way that prevents future problems. This is a prominent goal in all 3 areas of my practice, being family law, real estate and wills and estates.
- I believe that in most family law cases, parties are best served when their lawyer assists them to reach fair, out of court settlements.
- Most people need legal services that are efficient and affordable and I endeavor to give legal advice that will minimize costs and maximize effective results.
- Underlying my advice to clients is the belief that children and society are best served by the reduction of conflict within separating families.
- Part of the role of a lawyer, is to help the parties deal with each other in a respectful way.
- I endeavor to bring compassion, insight and knowledge to whichever conflict resolution process the parties engage in.
Direct Line: (403) 255-2668